“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
The United States, as founded, was comprised of 13 individual sovereign states - countries, if you will - the united under the Constitution for mutual protection and therefore deliberately limited the central government's authority and power. The end of slavery and male suffrage would still have come about as history has proved. Personally, I'd rather live in one of the "50 little dictatorships" that has the rights and powers rested upon it by the Constitution than have the cumbersome, intruding central government that we have today. At least the little dictatorship would be easier to dispense with.
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 30 mins ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 3 hours ago