“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
The United States, as founded, was comprised of 13 individual sovereign states - countries, if you will - the united under the Constitution for mutual protection and therefore deliberately limited the central government's authority and power. The end of slavery and male suffrage would still have come about as history has proved. Personally, I'd rather live in one of the "50 little dictatorships" that has the rights and powers rested upon it by the Constitution than have the cumbersome, intruding central government that we have today. At least the little dictatorship would be easier to dispense with.
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago