“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
Anarchy??? Has the definition of anarchy changed over night? Limited government, such as the one envisioned by our founders is a far cry from anarchy. Just why is it that everything that the "Government Governs, becomes ever larger and more complex"? Could it be that the Federal Government usurps the rights and powers reserved by the Constitution? The best governments are removed just far enough from anarchy to maintain civility. Anything more is an intrusion on the rights of the individual, who, by the way, is the best government for the individual. I, for one, can make better decisions about my life and my money than some bug-o-crat in Washington D. C. Thomas Jefferson said it best, "He who governs least, governs best."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 11 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 12 hours ago