“We don’t see the debt as an excuse to cut with abandon, to shirk our obligations,” Ryan said. “We see it as an opportunity to reform government, to make it cleaner and more effective. That’s what conservatives stand for.”
Anarchy??? Has the definition of anarchy changed over night? Limited government, such as the one envisioned by our founders is a far cry from anarchy. Just why is it that everything that the "Government Governs, becomes ever larger and more complex"? Could it be that the Federal Government usurps the rights and powers reserved by the Constitution? The best governments are removed just far enough from anarchy to maintain civility. Anything more is an intrusion on the rights of the individual, who, by the way, is the best government for the individual. I, for one, can make better decisions about my life and my money than some bug-o-crat in Washington D. C. Thomas Jefferson said it best, "He who governs least, governs best."
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 13 minutes ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- Open thread: Obama to deliver statement at 6:45 ET feigning interest in border crisis Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Border crisis update: White House is renovating its bowling alley Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lois Lerner’s attorney backtracks: Okay, maybe she printed out ‘some’ emails Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Boehner: Yes, our lawsuit against Obama might include immigration Allahpundit 3 hours ago