In one, government-dependent Americans take to Youtube to sing about everything they can buy with their Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, i.e., food stamps. Such hits include " Swipe My EBT " and " It's Free Swipe Yo EBT ." According to the U.S. Food and Nutrition Service, much of the outrageous behavior depicted in the videos is legal. The Food and Nutrition Act of 2008 defines “eligible food” to include soft drinks, candy, cookies, snack crackers, ice cream, seafood, steak, bakery cakes and certain energy...
The food stamp program simply needs to be ended. Far more eggregious than the use for "junk foods" is the beaurocratic innefficiency of food stamp distribution and the govt employess involved in the program. The idea that food stamps aren't fungible (tradable for money or other goods) is ludicrous, I am told that they are freely used as currency in some neighborhoods. End the program. give them money, or give them nothing.
Perhaps John Edwards was right; maybe there are two Americas.
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 50 mins ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago