If you missed President Obama's politically laced speech on Sunday in Newtown, Conn. he hinted extensively about new gun control measures coming down the pike either through legislation or executive order.
Now the Washington Post is reporting President Obama has officially asked his cabinet members for gun control proposals.
President Obama on Monday began the first serious push of his administration to attempt to reduce gun violence, directing Cabinet members to formulate a set of proposals that could include reinstating a ban on assault rifles.
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 58 mins ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago