If you missed President Obama's politically laced speech on Sunday in Newtown, Conn. he hinted extensively about new gun control measures coming down the pike either through legislation or executive order.
Now the Washington Post is reporting President Obama has officially asked his cabinet members for gun control proposals.
President Obama on Monday began the first serious push of his administration to attempt to reduce gun violence, directing Cabinet members to formulate a set of proposals that could include reinstating a ban on assault rifles.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 19 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 21 hours ago