In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
The President should lead the debate to eliminate all gun free zones.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago