In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
The President should lead the debate to eliminate all gun free zones.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 7 hours ago