In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
The President should lead the debate to eliminate all gun free zones.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 13 hours ago