In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
The President should lead the debate to eliminate all gun free zones.
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 38 minutes ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Biofuels producers: No really, this is the year biofuels are going to take off, for serious Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago