Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
Vegas unions won again. Sadly LV has more votes available than the entire rest of the state. Thankfully Dean Heller did just squeak by shelly berklee in the most recent fiasco. Washoe county went for Heller but due to the large latino vote also went for uncle obie. My wife asked a young hispanic (don't know what his status was) what their main fear was with the R's winning and he told her candidly that they (I'm guessing "cross-border transients) truly believed that they would all be rounded up and sent back to where the came from. The D's did an excellent job of selling that and the supposed war on women. Still stunned at the results. Maybe we'll awake from this nightmare soon.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago