Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
Vegas unions won again. Sadly LV has more votes available than the entire rest of the state. Thankfully Dean Heller did just squeak by shelly berklee in the most recent fiasco. Washoe county went for Heller but due to the large latino vote also went for uncle obie. My wife asked a young hispanic (don't know what his status was) what their main fear was with the R's winning and he told her candidly that they (I'm guessing "cross-border transients) truly believed that they would all be rounded up and sent back to where the came from. The D's did an excellent job of selling that and the supposed war on women. Still stunned at the results. Maybe we'll awake from this nightmare soon.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014