Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
We are entitled to secede since the federal government is violating our rights in so many fundamental ways. When the South seceded, they were rebelling because they wished to continue violating the rights of human beings. Whether practical or desirable, the US had the right to stop them.
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 44 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 46 minutes ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago