I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Romney understands how the economy works, and he understands that congress makes the laws (that he can't do what he likes just because he thinks he's right and they're wrong), and Romney is American in his basic values -- all of which Obama lacks. And he will give us time to see that the next Obama is not "ushered in". That's up to us.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 35 mins ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CNN source: Darren Wilson didn’t suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago