I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Romney understands how the economy works, and he understands that congress makes the laws (that he can't do what he likes just because he thinks he's right and they're wrong), and Romney is American in his basic values -- all of which Obama lacks. And he will give us time to see that the next Obama is not "ushered in". That's up to us.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 6 mins ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 46 mins ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 3 hours ago