Obama's massive negative TV advertising rather successfully branded Romney and the Republican Party as rich guys who can't empathize with ordinary hard-working Americans. In fact, Obama grew up enjoying a pampered lifestyle attending elite schools and colleges and now is rich, too, with his wealth and lifestyle coming from...
I think Phyllis nails it here. Its the rabid free-trader internationalist in the GOP that are killing us. It began with Bush 41 and his new world order. Even Tea-Party stalwarts such as Demint and Rubio have turned their backs on the Tea Party b/c they've never met a Free Trade Agreement that they didn't like. The majority of working Americans, wisely, do not trust FTA's. Until the GOP re-connects with the blue-collar Reagan Democrats and Middle America, it will continue in its epic fail. DD
Dozens of explanations have been offered by people who think they are savvy about politics to explain why Mitt Romney lost and Barack Obama was reelected despite his many unlawful actions and the high unemployment figures. I toss into the mix my view that the two major political parties need rebranding.
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago