You already know all the supposed reasons conservatives should feel downtrodden heading into Tuesday: The Obama campaign's balleyhooed turnout machine, heavily Democratic state polls in places like Ohio, Nate Silver's electoral model, and the overwhelming conventional wisdom in the media all suggest the president will limp over the finish line on Tuesday and secure four more years. I've already written about why I think the race will ultimately hinge on turnout and enthusiasm, both of which could break either way in three days. But while liberals attempt to sow seeds of despair -- perhaps in an act of Freudian...
The only polls where Obama is significantly ahead are the ones that oversample democrats by 7 points and more which is larger than what he got at his peak 4 years ago! Not even the most wishful Obama operatives think they will come anywhere close to that, and Gallup actually projects the electorate this year to be R+1. What's more, the very same skewed polls that place Obama ahead are still showing him losing independents by large margins. This means he would need an even bigger turnout of his base than he got in 2008 and that simply isn't happening. We're at a point where Obama is forced to send Biden to Pennsylvania and Clinton to Minnesota to defend traditionally blue states that haven't voted Republican in decades! Don't buy MSM's BS.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago