Wilkerson's allegation followed his former boss's endorsement of President Obama for a second term. The...
I lost a lot of respect for Powell when he endorsed Obama the first time. I lost all remaining respect for him with this endorsement. After seeing the disaster (militarily, foreign-policy-wise) that the first (and, God willing, last) Obama term has been, turning around and endorsing him AGAIN? No way. I have a coffee mug with a great quote from Colon Powell (about American soldiers having liberated millions of people and not taking an inch of land, except as burial ground for fallen solders) that I threw in the trash as soon as I could.
On MSNBC's Ed Schultz program Friday night, the former chief of staff for Colin Powell, retired Army Col. Lawrence Wilkerson, said, of the Republican Party, "My party is full of racists ... and the real reason a considerable portion of my party wants President Obama out of the White House has nothing to do with the content of his character, nothing to do with his competence as commander in chief and president, and everything to do with the color of his skin ... that's despicable."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 6 hours ago