In debate this time around, Mitt Romney hammered Barack Obama mercilessly. Under the ongoing assault Obama's knees buckled and he repeatedly looked glassy-eyed. If the contest were a prizefight, the referee would have stepped...
Another much maligned group, hated within their own party, yet absolutely necessary is the Christian Right. About 24 million voters. They are always dismissed as insignificant, especially among establishment republicans but knowing they don't factor into any of the agrandised polls, makes them very powerful. Never forget the fervor of the 2010 midterms! That has not gone away, nor has it dissipated.
Reviewing the last few months of this tumultuous presidential campaign, I see the debates as having a wondrous salience. The first was the most momentous since Nixon vs. Kennedy, though that 1960 confrontation was mostly a matter of cosmetics. Listening to it on radio, many in the audience came away thinking that the participant with the five-o'clock shadow had won. That would have been Richard Nixon.
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- McClatchy: White House hiding 9,000 documents from Senate probe of CIA Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago