Within the next few months, Justice Anthony Kennedy will likely rule that same-sex marriage is mandated by the Constitution of the United States. The ruling will offend both common sense and Constitutional law. But it will nonetheless become the law of the land. With it, states will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages; same-sex marriage will enter the public school lexicon; religious institutions will be forced to recognize same-sex marriages or lose their tax-exempt status. Religious Americans will be forced into violating their beliefs or facing legal consequences by the government. The First Amendment's guarantee of religious liberty will largely become...
In response to:
Unlike what D. Usher wrote, or what many of you religious fanatics hope, the betting money is on the Supremes upholding the Walker ruling in California. And thankfully. Regardless, the tide is forever turned. Yes, as the lamenting Shapiro writes, you social conservatives did lose the culture war because of the hyprocrisy of your arguments and the fact that there is absolutely no truth to you claim that union will crumble once gay marriage is ubiquitous. (Nor, of course, will your rights as a holier-than-thou dude be trambled in the process.) You deserved to lose because you were always on the wrong side of the future, always prejudicially living in the past. Get used to it or let you souls burn with angst and hate. Your choice.
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 38 mins ago
- Media curiously silent on “Truthy” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago