Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot initiative that overturned a California Supreme Court decision legalizing gay marriage, reflected popular opposition to what was perceived as arrogant meddling by unelected judges. Although the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was driven by a similar populist impulse, in practice it frustrates the will of the people in states where voters or their elected...
Your chauvinistic statements about Catholics is moronic and your question even more idiotic. But here is a rebuttal and answer: Preamble: I was raised Catholic. Being Catholic is no better or worse than being a member of any other faith, save for devil worship. Catholics have done much for the country, but not more than anyone from any another faith en masse. Of course, primarily only Catholic priest have repeatedly abused children, while the church hierarchy repeatedly broke state and federal laws hiding the culprits. This is collective Catholic moral turpitude at its worst. There are good gays and bad gays, just like good homophobes (presumably like yourself) and bad ones.
In two cases last week, lawyers urged the Supreme Court to respect the democratic process by upholding bans on legal recognition of gay marriages. But only one of those bans can plausibly be portrayed as representing the will of the people.
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 33 mins ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago