Imagine completing college, then 4 years of graduate school and finally working as a trainee for three to ten years while earning 3-4 times the Federal Poverty level. Then you are permitted to work on your own and go into business, but are unable to set the rates that you will charge your customers. You are required by the federal and state government to pay for the privilege of working, and have to comply with intrusive regulations making it more costly to conduct business with no ability to pass these costs along to your customers. You have almost a...
@annyjay: ". Optometrists are in the same boat as medical doctors, and it makes more sense to engage them in this fight than to scapegoat them." Optometrists are the epitome of getting in to medicine by the back door. They call themselves Optometric Physicians.They constantly try to increase their scope of practice and are working to do eye surgery as if they were Ophthalmologists. Their motto appears to be: Get Surgical Privileges and then Learn to do Surgery. In my own town an Optometrist who practices four blocks from my house calls himself THE EYE DOCTOR. Another Optometrist is listed in the yellow pages under Physicians and Surgeons, M.D. Optometrists, Nurse Practitioners, Chiropractors, Podiatrists, Psychologists, Pharmacists(more)
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 4 hours ago