Imagine completing college, then 4 years of graduate school and finally working as a trainee for three to ten years while earning 3-4 times the Federal Poverty level. Then you are permitted to work on your own and go into business, but are unable to set the rates that you will charge your customers. You are required by the federal and state government to pay for the privilege of working, and have to comply with intrusive regulations making it more costly to conduct business with no ability to pass these costs along to your customers. You have almost a...
@annyjay: ". Optometrists are in the same boat as medical doctors, and it makes more sense to engage them in this fight than to scapegoat them." Optometrists are the epitome of getting in to medicine by the back door. They call themselves Optometric Physicians.They constantly try to increase their scope of practice and are working to do eye surgery as if they were Ophthalmologists. Their motto appears to be: Get Surgical Privileges and then Learn to do Surgery. In my own town an Optometrist who practices four blocks from my house calls himself THE EYE DOCTOR. Another Optometrist is listed in the yellow pages under Physicians and Surgeons, M.D. Optometrists, Nurse Practitioners, Chiropractors, Podiatrists, Psychologists, Pharmacists(more)
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 14 mins ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 54 mins ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago