The Bible does talk about charity to the alien; but it also talks about using the natural knowledge (common sense) within us. Aliens are now taking most of the field at harvest, not just the corners and what is dropped. There are two practical reasons for opposing amnesty. 1. Each illegal alien costs taxpayers around $22,000 per year for free medical care, which has caused several hospitals to permanently close their doors, education, food stamps, and other welfare benefits. Multiply this by the 16 million illegals the government admits are here, not the 20 million known to be here, and the total cost to taxpayers is 352 billion dollars per year. (Continued)
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago