In response to:
Very well put Phil. It is true that Obama was awake for the debate this time and he gets one point for that and that he had energized responses and he gets one point for that but it is down hill from that point on. He had a lot of rhetoric but it was all empty with no substance. He evaded some questions with stories never really answering some questions. For example, the question on immigration was never answered. His first year in office he could have enacted immigration reform but he did nothing. He gets a complete zero on that one. On the Libya question he never did answer as to why the embassy there never had adequate security. He gets a complete zero on that one. Romney won this debate hands down and Obama was a turn off.
The usual spin from both sides declaring victory in the vice presidential debate underscores just how stunning and unusual Romney's blowout win in the first presidential debate was. That win up-ended the race and catapulted Romney into the lead in most national polls. President Obama, in turn, has reacted by shifting his campaign's central theme from the implausible claim that Romney is an extreme conservative to an accusation that he's a flip-flopper. But it is Obama who has a head-spinning record of, on issue after issue, doing the opposite of what he promised on the campaign trail in 2008.
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 24 mins ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago