In response to:
Very well put Phil. It is true that Obama was awake for the debate this time and he gets one point for that and that he had energized responses and he gets one point for that but it is down hill from that point on. He had a lot of rhetoric but it was all empty with no substance. He evaded some questions with stories never really answering some questions. For example, the question on immigration was never answered. His first year in office he could have enacted immigration reform but he did nothing. He gets a complete zero on that one. On the Libya question he never did answer as to why the embassy there never had adequate security. He gets a complete zero on that one. Romney won this debate hands down and Obama was a turn off.
The usual spin from both sides declaring victory in the vice presidential debate underscores just how stunning and unusual Romney's blowout win in the first presidential debate was. That win up-ended the race and catapulted Romney into the lead in most national polls. President Obama, in turn, has reacted by shifting his campaign's central theme from the implausible claim that Romney is an extreme conservative to an accusation that he's a flip-flopper. But it is Obama who has a head-spinning record of, on issue after issue, doing the opposite of what he promised on the campaign trail in 2008.
- Poll: Overwhelming majority of Republicans now describe themselves as “hawks” Allahpundit 35 mins ago
- Another federal court strikes Obamacare subsidies on federal exchanges Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Brian Barcaro, Joel Pollak Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Name That Operation? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: U.S. accidentally bombed “moderate” rebels in Syria — because their base was right next to Al Qaeda’s Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Whiplash: Politifact absolves Democrat who repeated…Politifact’s lie of the year Guy Benson 3 hours ago