It’s no surprise that many Hollywood actors and actresses are on the left side of the aisle. But what is a surprise -- and a nice one at that -- is to see some of them stand by their ideology even when many liberals on Capitol Hill will not. Last Wednesday, while many Democrats on Capitol Hill stood silent on a big civil liberties issue, one major celebrity went on twitter to chastise some of his ideological allies. On an issue that they are both passionate about, the liberal actor John Cusack -- the star of films like “Being John Malkovich,”...
As one on the right, I only wish Republicans were as opposed to presidential power grabs when Republicans are in office as they are when Democrats are in office. For all too many politicians, political advantage seems far more important than any sort of constitutional limitations on presidential and federal government powers. The test of every politician's principles is to be found when their party is in power as opposed to when the opposition party has the big stick. It is so easy to stand on principle against the opposite party's offenses, and so rare for anyone to do so when their own party is offending.
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 3 hours ago