It’s no surprise that many Hollywood actors and actresses are on the left side of the aisle. But what is a surprise -- and a nice one at that -- is to see some of them stand by their ideology even when many liberals on Capitol Hill will not. Last Wednesday, while many Democrats on Capitol Hill stood silent on a big civil liberties issue, one major celebrity went on twitter to chastise some of his ideological allies. On an issue that they are both passionate about, the liberal actor John Cusack -- the star of films like “Being John Malkovich,”...
As one on the right, I only wish Republicans were as opposed to presidential power grabs when Republicans are in office as they are when Democrats are in office. For all too many politicians, political advantage seems far more important than any sort of constitutional limitations on presidential and federal government powers. The test of every politician's principles is to be found when their party is in power as opposed to when the opposition party has the big stick. It is so easy to stand on principle against the opposite party's offenses, and so rare for anyone to do so when their own party is offending.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 11 hours ago