The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
Both Bushes were pretty good up to a point. 41 blew it with the "no new taxes" bit. 43 spent way too much money on new entitlements which allowed a continuation into 0's administration. (By the way, I believe the Iraq war was justified by the fact that Saddam DID have large WMD stockpiles. Where were they? Hmmm, why are people so worried about Syria using WMD? Where did THEY get them?? Maybe from their buddy Saddam???)
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 6 hours ago