Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
No, the grunts won´t go away; we will just train them all to be "special operations capable" as has done the USMC. Before formulating an opinion, research the definition of "special operations" and then consider "capable"
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- NYC doctor who recently treated Ebola patients rushed to hospital with 103-degree fever Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago