Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
No, the grunts won´t go away; we will just train them all to be "special operations capable" as has done the USMC. Before formulating an opinion, research the definition of "special operations" and then consider "capable"
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 8 hours ago