Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
No, the grunts won´t go away; we will just train them all to be "special operations capable" as has done the USMC. Before formulating an opinion, research the definition of "special operations" and then consider "capable"
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- WH to reporters: Don’t talk to people attending Mary Burke rally Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Chris Matthews: Didn’t Obama tell us it was “unlikely” Ebola would come to America? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Cop tases 62-year-old woman — while she’s walking away from him Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US: Our collateral damage policies don’t apply to Syria, Iraq air strikes Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago