Gov. Mitt Romney opened the engagement. "Our Navy is smaller now than at any time since 1917. The Navy said they needed 313 ships to carry out their mission. We're now under 285. We're headed down to the low 200s if...
In response to:
Let´s fram this in a scale we can truly grasp: our neighborhoods. Let´s say the rack dealers stat moving into the neighbohood. The first one is just an annoyance but we put up with it. Then a second buys a house. Now we start to sense a trend if we don´put a stop to it. Or do you wait until you are completely surrounded by crack houses before you decide to take action?
Monday night's final 2012 presidential election debate included a brief but fierce naval battle. The candidates exchanged close-combat broadsides over the size of the U.S. Navy, then fired provocative salvos in the direction of two complex subjects, the capabilities of modern weapons and the deleterious effects of funding cuts required by sequestration on the defense budget, especially planned ship-building programs.
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s smash ISIS Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- The obligatory “celebrity nudes hacked” post Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Question for the State Department after Sotloff’s murder: Are we at war with ISIS yet? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago