The historic election of Barack Obama was an electrifying moment for the United States. The election of the first African-American President was a monumental step in racial equality and harmony. It was truly a sign that America is the land of opportunity and that regardless of race, people can succeed.? Obama has not been the only African-American Democrat to capture the attention of blacks. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Charlie Rangel and others have become a beacon in the Democratic Party. The GOP has also seen an increase of influence in the black community with the election of US Congressman Allen West,...
Thanks GosAwk and traitorbill, but I am guessing that John5840 below would not know what racism is if it bit him in the proverbial. Well Johnny, I believe racism is that phenomenon whereby one holds that an entire group of people is somehow inferior or superior based simply upon biological characteristics. Won't hear that from me. It is utter nonsense. But I WILL refuse to appeal to ANY group of people based on their race. And when blacks or whites or greenies or whoever start suggesting that special appeals be made by politicians, I will howl Wah. Wah. Wah. Wah, Make it yourself on your own two feet. Whoever the f you are.
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago