The historic election of Barack Obama was an electrifying moment for the United States. The election of the first African-American President was a monumental step in racial equality and harmony. It was truly a sign that America is the land of opportunity and that regardless of race, people can succeed.? Obama has not been the only African-American Democrat to capture the attention of blacks. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Charlie Rangel and others have become a beacon in the Democratic Party. The GOP has also seen an increase of influence in the black community with the election of US Congressman Allen West,...
Thanks GosAwk and traitorbill, but I am guessing that John5840 below would not know what racism is if it bit him in the proverbial. Well Johnny, I believe racism is that phenomenon whereby one holds that an entire group of people is somehow inferior or superior based simply upon biological characteristics. Won't hear that from me. It is utter nonsense. But I WILL refuse to appeal to ANY group of people based on their race. And when blacks or whites or greenies or whoever start suggesting that special appeals be made by politicians, I will howl Wah. Wah. Wah. Wah, Make it yourself on your own two feet. Whoever the f you are.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 10 hours ago