The historic election of Barack Obama was an electrifying moment for the United States. The election of the first African-American President was a monumental step in racial equality and harmony. It was truly a sign that America is the land of opportunity and that regardless of race, people can succeed.? Obama has not been the only African-American Democrat to capture the attention of blacks. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Charlie Rangel and others have become a beacon in the Democratic Party. The GOP has also seen an increase of influence in the black community with the election of US Congressman Allen West,...
Thanks GosAwk and traitorbill, but I am guessing that John5840 below would not know what racism is if it bit him in the proverbial. Well Johnny, I believe racism is that phenomenon whereby one holds that an entire group of people is somehow inferior or superior based simply upon biological characteristics. Won't hear that from me. It is utter nonsense. But I WILL refuse to appeal to ANY group of people based on their race. And when blacks or whites or greenies or whoever start suggesting that special appeals be made by politicians, I will howl Wah. Wah. Wah. Wah, Make it yourself on your own two feet. Whoever the f you are.
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 17 hours ago