Perhaps. But there are millions of women in the upper middle class and the culture they create and reflect affects everyone. Besides, Slaughter deserves some credit for honesty. As she recounts in the piece, when she mentioned to a friend that she was considering writing that women can't have...
Honestly, in most professions today women have a HUGE advantage over women due to the way employment laws are written. The discrimination is the other way around now. And indeed, if women choose not to parent their children (let us be honest) then they can do as well if not much better than men. That is stubborn truth. No fun for feminists but it is what it is. Ouch.
Anne-Marie Slaughter's eye-catching Atlantic article, "Why Women Still Can't Have It All," is being greeted with a certain reverse snobbery. We've been reminded that the choices and challenges of women with advanced degrees are hardly typical and not the sort of thing that should divert us from the problems of the middle class.
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago