In response to:
Follow me on this, as a Ph.D. in a related subject matter. American Psychological Association clearly hates the Boy Scouts. The APA also decides or has major input into what is required for a person to be a licensed psychologist. Would you really want a psychologist who buys into this stuff working with your kid, for instance, as a school counselor, etc.? Yet in many states you can assume that he or she DOES buy into the insanity. It is time we run clinical psychologists out of their offices and use an entire new system for licensing mental health professionals. These whack jobs have too much power in court proceedings, juvenile justice treatment centers, etc. You KNOW they are crazy. Let us do something about it.
Baylor University’s Program for Prosocial Behavior recently concluded a nationwide study on Eagle Scouts. As noted by Rodney Stark, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor of the Social Sciences at Baylor and co-director of ISR on the study’s website, it was found that Eagle Scouts, in comparison to regular Boy Scouts and non-participants, are much more likely to “exhibit significantly higher levels of health and recreation, connection, service and leadership, environmental stewardship, goal orientation, planning and preparedness, and character.”
Today Dr. Byron Johnson, the study’s principal investigator, gave a brief lecture and Q&A at the Heritage Foundation, where he mentioned his attempt to have...
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 30 mins ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired president to address something he saw on the news today about Ukraine at 4 p.m. ET; Update: “Ongoing incursion”; Update: No strategy yet on ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- More Senate Democrats hit the panic button on immigration Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago