One has to pass tests in order to become a professional registered engineer. No one off the street or with a bachelors in ethnic studies has any hope in he!! of passing those tests. I do not see it as hampering those who are for real, only as a barricade for the phonies. That is engineering, it can be different for other professions. How much protection do people need from the phonies? How much of that protection must come from a/the government entity?
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago