During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Obama is surrounding himself with his "sympathizers" at venues where he believes he is "taking his message to the people." He may get some support on the immigration issue but what he needs to understand, is that when he stands before the people advocating strict gun control as the method to reduce gun violence (See Chicago, City of) he isn't preaching to a receptive audience. The harder Obama pushes this issue, the less support he receives. Reminds me of the Obamacare debates. I wonder how he and Harry Reid intend to trash the constitution on this one?
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 34 minutes ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago