During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Obama is surrounding himself with his "sympathizers" at venues where he believes he is "taking his message to the people." He may get some support on the immigration issue but what he needs to understand, is that when he stands before the people advocating strict gun control as the method to reduce gun violence (See Chicago, City of) he isn't preaching to a receptive audience. The harder Obama pushes this issue, the less support he receives. Reminds me of the Obamacare debates. I wonder how he and Harry Reid intend to trash the constitution on this one?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 6 hours ago