During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Obama is surrounding himself with his "sympathizers" at venues where he believes he is "taking his message to the people." He may get some support on the immigration issue but what he needs to understand, is that when he stands before the people advocating strict gun control as the method to reduce gun violence (See Chicago, City of) he isn't preaching to a receptive audience. The harder Obama pushes this issue, the less support he receives. Reminds me of the Obamacare debates. I wonder how he and Harry Reid intend to trash the constitution on this one?
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 28 minutes ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Rebound: Q2 GDP hits 4% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago