Crazy right winger Juan Williams was on Fox News' Happening Now yesterday to talk about his most recent op-ed in the Wall Street Journal where he argues a discussion on race should be a major component of the gun control debate. Williams, who favors an assault weapons ban, high capacity magazine ban and universal background checks, believes the real major problem of gun violence in the black community is too often ignored, calling it an "astonishing" omission. Williams also argues the only real solution to this type of violence and to change the gangster culture is to rebuild the...
In response to:
I have to add an obligatory to Juan Williams' comments. He is right in as far as it goes but he ties gun control and gun violence to the murders in black and other minority communities. He correctly points out drugs and gangs as the root cause of the violence but let's get real; controlling the ability of law abiding citizens to obtain and possess an assault style weapon or a large capacity magazine will do "NOTHING" to reduce either the weapons or the violence related to drugs and gangs. In many cases, they possess fully automatic weapons, already banned by the law. Tying them to the assault weapons ban is faux argument and a straw dog, backdoor attempt to push an agenda.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Teamsters appeal to “Top Chef” for employment by threatening to bash in Padma Lakshmi’s face Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 9 hours ago