Guy covered this in detail a few days ago, but there’s at least two points worth re-emphasizing: (1) The budget process commonly known as “sequestration” originated in the corridors of the White House, and was signed into law by President Obama himself. Hence, the president’s insistence that Republicans are somehow solely responsible if the negotiations fail -- and the cuts kick in -- is erroneous. (2) The negative consequences of sequestration -- discussed endlessly by this president and his lieutenants -- are exaggerated to a mystifying degree. Yuval Levin blew the lid off Team Obama’s opportunism and endless...
In response to:
There was nothing "well intentioned" about the sequester. It was designed by Obama and his staff to do exactly what it is doing, serve as a political bludgeon to guarantee fiscal status quo and further drive a wedge between milksop establishmentarians like Boehner, Cantor, McConnell and McCain and Tea Party Republicans like Paul, Rubio and Cruz. The only option the Republicans have is to allow sequestration to go into effect and expose Obama's lies of Armageddon. Yes, the media will blame them for any ill that may occur as a result but the media doesn't get to choose the president (in spite of what they believe) the people do and we are paying very close attention, even though no one in Washington yet understands that.
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago