Former General Colin Powell is a good American and an honorable soldier, but his habitual sucking up to the political Left has become as predictable as it is irksome. To play armchair psychologist for a moment, I suspect Powell sensed he'd been stripped of his untouchable bipartisan status when he made the Bush administration's case for the Iraq war at the UN Security Council; he's been obsequiously seeking penance ever since. Liberals' hatred of that war was largely an outgrowth of their enduring contempt for the Commander-in-Chief leading that effort (many on the Left are suddenly cool with American...
In response to:
To understand Colin Powell is to understand the GOP establishment. Same-Same as we used to say in the Navy. The Republican establishment is no different than the Democrats, both want to increase the size of government, it's just that Republicans have to put up a false front to try to keep fooling their constituents into thinking they support conservative principles. The simple fact that almost without exception, no one in the Republican Party is aggressively challenging Obama's end run on the constitution and claiming executive powers he does not possess is proof of that statement. At some point, we will reach the point where a return to the principles of this nation's founding will no longer be possible. Their goal I think.
- Investigation reveals Obamacare is a fraudster’s dream come true Noah Rothman 29 minutes ago
- Ukraine rebel leader: Yeah, we had a BUK system — and sent it back to Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Did Cuomo obstruct his own anti-corruption crusade? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Planned Parenthood teen sex education: You could get tied to a tree … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 3 hours ago