Monday marked the deadline set in law for President Obama to submit a budget, but he missed it — making this the fourth time in his five years in office that he's failed to submit the blueprint on time. That makes his record equal to the three previous presidents combined, who spanned 20 years in office. This year, Mr. Obama blamed the late passage of his tax increase deal early last month....
This is one for the record books: "Substance over deadlines." Can there be anything more substantive than a specific deadline to complete a project or a task? Those who have been department or project managers know well the consequences of missing a critical deadline. Nothing right now is more critical than getting our fiscal house in order. Even the kids in the sandbox know that you can only push the rules so far before you get called for cheating. It is time to call the president and his entire administration on their contempt for the constitution, the rule of law and especially the American people.
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox News primetime hits record high ratings, MSNBC falls to record lows Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 3 hours ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago