Monday marked the deadline set in law for President Obama to submit a budget, but he missed it — making this the fourth time in his five years in office that he's failed to submit the blueprint on time. That makes his record equal to the three previous presidents combined, who spanned 20 years in office. This year, Mr. Obama blamed the late passage of his tax increase deal early last month....
This is one for the record books: "Substance over deadlines." Can there be anything more substantive than a specific deadline to complete a project or a task? Those who have been department or project managers know well the consequences of missing a critical deadline. Nothing right now is more critical than getting our fiscal house in order. Even the kids in the sandbox know that you can only push the rules so far before you get called for cheating. It is time to call the president and his entire administration on their contempt for the constitution, the rule of law and especially the American people.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago