It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndmea.html A really terrific read. Ultimately, yes, there are people who wants guns banned outright. At the same time, to place measures that make it difficult to obtain a firearm should not always be perceived to aim to disarm a populace (although many do want it to be that way)- to ensure that people with deviant, or mentally unstable backgrounds do not arm themselves is not necessarily infringing on a right. When you commit crimes or have things in your background that aren't admirable, let's say, to employ measures to protect society from that individual are not an infringement.
- Megan McArdle goes off on suspicious Census Bureau/Obamacare methodology switch Guy Benson 38 minutes ago
- Chris Christie on punishing drug users: If we’re going to be pro-life, let’s be pro-life all the way Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago