It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndmea.html A really terrific read. Ultimately, yes, there are people who wants guns banned outright. At the same time, to place measures that make it difficult to obtain a firearm should not always be perceived to aim to disarm a populace (although many do want it to be that way)- to ensure that people with deviant, or mentally unstable backgrounds do not arm themselves is not necessarily infringing on a right. When you commit crimes or have things in your background that aren't admirable, let's say, to employ measures to protect society from that individual are not an infringement.
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago