It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndmea.html A really terrific read. Ultimately, yes, there are people who wants guns banned outright. At the same time, to place measures that make it difficult to obtain a firearm should not always be perceived to aim to disarm a populace (although many do want it to be that way)- to ensure that people with deviant, or mentally unstable backgrounds do not arm themselves is not necessarily infringing on a right. When you commit crimes or have things in your background that aren't admirable, let's say, to employ measures to protect society from that individual are not an infringement.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago