It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndmea.html A really terrific read. Ultimately, yes, there are people who wants guns banned outright. At the same time, to place measures that make it difficult to obtain a firearm should not always be perceived to aim to disarm a populace (although many do want it to be that way)- to ensure that people with deviant, or mentally unstable backgrounds do not arm themselves is not necessarily infringing on a right. When you commit crimes or have things in your background that aren't admirable, let's say, to employ measures to protect society from that individual are not an infringement.
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 4 hours ago