It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
http://www.guncite.com/gc2ndmea.html A really terrific read. Ultimately, yes, there are people who wants guns banned outright. At the same time, to place measures that make it difficult to obtain a firearm should not always be perceived to aim to disarm a populace (although many do want it to be that way)- to ensure that people with deviant, or mentally unstable backgrounds do not arm themselves is not necessarily infringing on a right. When you commit crimes or have things in your background that aren't admirable, let's say, to employ measures to protect society from that individual are not an infringement.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago