It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
She makes a good point in her column about the mentally unstable. As much drugs as we have in circulation to assist w mental care, this still happens. Yes, mental institutions are closing and we are just overdrugging everyone for anything. What is patently idiotic is blaming "moral decay" which is just harebrained, christian right-wing mud-slinging. What all of these rampages have in common is mentally unstable people taking extremely violent action. So if I wanted to be a real db and throw her stupid argument back in her face, I would say the big pharmaceutical companies are inherently to blame and the RW culture and admiration of big, under-regulated business is REALLY to blame here. See how dumb that sounds?
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 43 minutes ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago