Reality Versus Mirages in Egypt

Dan6757 Wrote: Aug 27, 2013 11:19 AM
I do not disagree with Dr Sowell necessarily, what I do disagree with and cannot tolerate from anyone is hypocrisy. I have been reading Dr Sowell's columns here for close to 10 years, I have read 5 of his books, a couple of them more than once. For those books I have not read through more than once, I have gone back and re-read various chapters based on subjects he had written about. So just be aware I'm not pulling anything out of my behind and I could recite his philosophies on any matter by heart- that's how much I've immersed myself in his writing. He has a lot of great things to share with his readers and is usually very well-researched. He is, however, not without his biases and not without that characteristic that omits certain observations or criticisms as a matter of convenience. Example - Dr Sowell never once issues the same criticisms toward Bush about being able to push a democratic government on Iraq and/or calling for Iraq to do so- not once. Go ahead and peruse the archives. He almost never criticizes a Republican politician for enabling the middle eastern politicians who are the ones to oversee these despotic regimes but he is more than quick to do it for Democrats. Surely, as we all know, there are plenty of examples to work with. That is my primary criticism of him and it's a big one. For someone with so much to give and teach, he is not without his blatant hypocrisies either- the very thing he constantly rails against in politicians. He has certainly mentioned how he feels about both parties often in his writings but some of us have been reading him extensively and in depth and do pick up on these things. That being said, the premise of this column is spot on. His consistency on these matters is not.
If Christianity is a morality of treating people with kindness and courtesy and following the laws, why don't the fundamentalist Christians in this country live by that mantra? Maybe it's just comment posters but I see an incredible lack of that from "Christians." And not to say people on the left don't- we can discuss them later- but I am astounded by the levels of hypocrisy from the "love thy neighbor" Christians when they do anything but. It's generally "love thy neighbor as long as he thinks and looks like you." I see plenty of rampant hypocrisy from the left of course, but the Christian right in this country wants it mandated that everyone live according to their beliefs and twist and misinterpret any little Biblical verse to suit their agenda in some extremely hateful ways, completely unbecoming of what religion's intention is.
Yeah, you're right, the left celebrates Islam that's what it is. So when you oppose the American right's twisted, biblical vision of the world and perpetual need for perpetual war and just overall harebrained theories on just about anything, that means you support our enemies. No, you're totally right.

Plastic Bag Bans Increase Crime

Dan6757 Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 9:38 PM
At the same time, somewhat clever of the DC, knowing that his base would read the first paragraph and immediately jump to the conclusion that plastic bag bans are causing crime. I GUARANTEE you that if this comes up again this column will be cited as a talking point.

Plastic Bag Bans Increase Crime

Dan6757 Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 9:36 PM
Oh man, I forgot the 'w' in 'how.' Typical liberal meathead who can't spell 3 letter words.

Plastic Bag Bans Increase Crime

Dan6757 Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 9:35 PM
Yeah I shot the messenger, you're absolutely right. But when the messenger is so blatantly devoid of any common sense, I will shoot him and shoot him when he's down. Not only did I shoot that messenger, I'm going to shoot you for being a complete dingbat. My statement is pretty clear cut why I "shot the messenger." He provided a thesis only to score cheap political points and in TWO (2, dos, deux) different statements in the article he writes either there is no data on the subject or that crime has actually not increased. DO YOU GET IT? The writer of the column himself dismantled his own argument he was trying to make! DO YOU REALIZE HO FUNDAMENTALLY IDIOTIC THAT IS! So yeah, I shot the messenger and you are an even bigger idiot for not seeing that and equating that with "typical liberal shooting the messenger. (with facts and the ability to dismantle a moronic column). Man, sorry for not playing along, doofus.

Plastic Bag Bans Increase Crime

Dan6757 Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 9:28 PM
THIS should have been the point of the column. I agree that it is just asinine to ban plastic shopping bags. These are the unintended consequences, rather than some drastic reach in saying it's leading to more crime, which, again, the DC article says in two different statements HAS NOT EVEN BEEN PROVEN.

Plastic Bag Bans Increase Crime

Dan6757 Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 9:26 PM
Why yes! How cleverly tongue in cheek. But since you clearly lack any sort of knowledge in the logic department, allow me to help you. The tongue in cheek portion of Cletus' comment was explaining why those minorities are poor. There was nothing tongue in cheek about saying the shoplifters are likely minorities. But I like your feeble attempt at defending blatant racism. You should at least not be a blatant halfwit before getting into discussions with adults. Run along now princess.

The Mindset of the Left

Dan6757 Wrote: Jul 02, 2013 9:44 PM
You clamor about the left rejecting evidence and you make a batsh-t statement like that, rooted in absolutely zero evidence? Wow, that is so brilliantly stupid you should probably be celebrated for being this dumb.
Yeah, the b word and the n word, which is rooted in racism and seriously much more demeaning to a whole race of people, are totally on an equal plane. Do you eat lead paint?
Deeeeeeer, if I done had a raaaaaifle, deeeeeer. Shut up you clown. Take your gun, put it in your mouth and pull the trigger. One less yokel buffoon in this world.