Let's pretend that we have the political guts to expand economic opportunities for people at the lower end of the economic spectrum. What vested interests should be attacked, and what economic regulations should be targeted for elimination? It doesn't take a lot of money to become a taxi owner-operator and earn more than $40,000 a year. One needs a car, an insurance policy and ancillary interior equipment to make a car a taxi. In New York City, to be a taxi owner you'd have to purchase a license -- called a medallion -- that in June 2012 cost $704,000. New...
I don't mind the "door slamming". What I hate is when they bolt it and put a padlock on it that requires either a lot of money, a lawyer, or a politician to pick at it. Sometimes all three. Seems both parties, but especially the Democovets now, have helicopter crypto-Fascists that delight in lowering the rescue ladder for some and pulling up the ladder for others. Redistribution -- for a price.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 6 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 8 hours ago