I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in...
The spirit of the universe, that is to say the spirit of God, dwells in the soul of all living things. Man has evolved to the point of beginning to conceptualize and appreciate that presence. Hawkins takes us back to the beginning, where he says there is nothing more. The concept of nothing cannot be grasped by the human mind, and therefore is relegated to the unknown. Judeo-Christian belief in God fills that gap in our knowledge; as does any other faith based system throughout the rest of the world. There really is no conflict between religion and science. Science simply seeks to explain and understand the universe, while religion seeks to make peace with it.
Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago