Book 15 of Ovid’s Metamorphoses contains a little synopsis of his epic, and of his Pythagorean philosophy: “nothing in all the world remains unchanged. All things are in a state of flux, all shapes receive a changing nature. Time itself glides on with constant motion, ever as a flowing river. Neither river nor the fleeting hour can stop its constant course. But, as each wave drives on a wave, as each is pressed by that which follows, and must press on that before it, so the moments fly, and others follow, so they are renewed. The moment which moved on before...
What part of the definition of rambling incoherence do you not understand?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 9 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago