Book 15 of Ovid’s Metamorphoses contains a little synopsis of his epic, and of his Pythagorean philosophy: “nothing in all the world remains unchanged. All things are in a state of flux, all shapes receive a changing nature. Time itself glides on with constant motion, ever as a flowing river. Neither river nor the fleeting hour can stop its constant course. But, as each wave drives on a wave, as each is pressed by that which follows, and must press on that before it, so the moments fly, and others follow, so they are renewed. The moment which moved on before...
Open letter to President Obama: Please stop trying to fundamentally change my country. It makes me wonder how many classes on the Constitution you skipped in college. To fundamentally change something, one has to remove or destroy the foundation of the thing that is to be changed. As President, you are charged with upholding the Constitution of the United States of America. That would be the Constitution that sprang from the fundamental truths conceptualized in the Declaration of Independence, which just happens to be our founding document. This country was not founded on the principles of collectivism. Nor did the Founding Fathers elect a king in the person of the president. On the contrary, it was founded on the principal of individual
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- CNN source: Darren Wilson didn’t suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Israel takes out three top Hamas commanders after cease-fire violation Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago