Book 15 of Ovid’s Metamorphoses contains a little synopsis of his epic, and of his Pythagorean philosophy: “nothing in all the world remains unchanged. All things are in a state of flux, all shapes receive a changing nature. Time itself glides on with constant motion, ever as a flowing river. Neither river nor the fleeting hour can stop its constant course. But, as each wave drives on a wave, as each is pressed by that which follows, and must press on that before it, so the moments fly, and others follow, so they are renewed. The moment which moved on before...
Open letter to President Obama: Please stop trying to fundamentally change my country. It makes me wonder how many classes on the Constitution you skipped in college. To fundamentally change something, one has to remove or destroy the foundation of the thing that is to be changed. As President, you are charged with upholding the Constitution of the United States of America. That would be the Constitution that sprang from the fundamental truths conceptualized in the Declaration of Independence, which just happens to be our founding document. This country was not founded on the principles of collectivism. Nor did the Founding Fathers elect a king in the person of the president. On the contrary, it was founded on the principal of individual
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 26 mins ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago