Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
As to the supply of resources, the only resource is time, people who use that time to add value, are compensated, since everyone has the same number of hours in a day, everyone has the same access to resources. The disparate outcome in compensation for the value added is based on free market exchange, for instance, thinking people would place more value on the 10 minutes I spent thoughtfully responding to your post than the 2 minutes you spent typing in discredited dogma.
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago