Suppose I saw an elderly woman painfully huddled on a heating grate in the dead of winter. She's hungry and in...
The social contract describes the tacit rules of interaction people abide by in order to be part of a group that interacts for MUTUAL BENEFIT. Requiring one member of a society to unwillingly give up property for the benefit of another member of society is the exact opposite of the social contract. The tyranny of the majority exists when they impose their will on an individual’s freedom. When I cannot choose to disassociate myself from you and your view of society, I must vigorously defend myself against your demands upon my liberty and property. As to the supply of resources, the only resource is time, people who use that time to add value, are compensated, since everyone has the same number of hours in a day, everyone has the same ac
Benjamin Franklin, statesman and signer of our Declaration of Independence, said: "Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." John Adams, another signer, echoed a similar statement: "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." Are today's Americans virtuous and moral, or have we become corrupt and vicious? Let's think it through with a few questions.
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 12 mins ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 52 mins ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago