Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of...
In response to:
One of the main tenets of the Progressive Party of Woodrow Wilson's day was eugenics and the theories of inferior races. Baseball and the military were re-segregated at that time. It is no accident that Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood advocated abortion. They fit the racist Progressive theory like Cinderella's slipper. That is the history that is not being taught in our public schools. The results of the refusal to teach the realities is that we now have a President of the United States who advocates for the legalization of the murder of newborn babies. The Progressive Party, from their very beginning has always been a dead soul party designed to subjugate the masses while the elite live as royalty. That is the real history.
As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year's presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln's Republican Party easily carried the black vote -- where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 19 minutes ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Jeb Bush announces: I’m officially thinking of running for president Allahpundit 3 hours ago