Yet, as a percentage of the party, more Republicans voted for the passage of...
In response to:
One of the main tenets of the Progressive Party of Woodrow Wilson's day was eugenics and the theories of inferior races. Baseball and the military were re-segregated at that time. It is no accident that Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood advocated abortion. They fit the racist Progressive theory like Cinderella's slipper. That is the history that is not being taught in our public schools. The results of the refusal to teach the realities is that we now have a President of the United States who advocates for the legalization of the murder of newborn babies. The Progressive Party, from their very beginning has always been a dead soul party designed to subjugate the masses while the elite live as royalty. That is the real history.
As recently as 1956, nearly 39 percent of blacks voted Republican in that year's presidential election. After the Civil War, Abe Lincoln's Republican Party easily carried the black vote -- where blacks were allowed to vote. Unwelcome in the Democratic Party, most blacks voted Republican and continued to do so through the early part of the 20th century. It wasn't until 1948, when 77 percent of the black vote went to Harry Truman, who had desegregated the military, that a majority of blacks identified themselves as Democrats.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago