Roger Scruton, the public philosopher and conservative commentator, writes in Aeon magazine, a provocative digital magazine of ideas and culture, how fake ideas, fake criticism and fake emotions have come to dominate public conversation and marginalize thoughtful appreciation of beauty, truth and honest debate. His initial concern is about the collusion of...
Hard work? Liberals? Hahaha! Never the two shall meet. Speaking of art! That socialist art is so uplifting, isn't it? I'm trying to recall one great work of art, one great celebration of the human spirit created by a socialist system that doen't involve escape from that system. Nothing comes to mind... Anyone? Anyone?
Here's a resolution for one and all as we slide down the fiscal cliff (or not): Beware of fakery in popular places. Fakery, particularly in the culture both high and low, bubbles up from the media, affecting the way we see everything -- even, for example, politics.
- US Attorney to Cuomo: Witness tampering and obstruction are still illegal, you know Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- House GOP abandons border crisis bill, can’t find 218 votes; Update: One more try? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ObamaCare caused some premiums to nearly double in California Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CIA confesses: Yeah, we hacked the Senate’s computers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Bill Clinton, September 10, 2001: I could have killed Bin Laden once but called it off because of civilian casualties Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Is Hamas calling it quits? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago