I agree. I am quite cynical towards these charges, 40 years after the supposed fact. How sad it is, that most people paying attention automatically question these serious charges. The people mentioned (Bradley, Duke Lacrosse, etc) have seriously cheapened the charge, and all real instances of the crime. I can only hope Mr. Cosby fights back, fights the good fight, and does not let his name continue to be dragged through the mud. If it comes out these allegations are in fact true - take it from there. Innocent until proven guilty.

Place Your Bets

Damien4 Wrote: Dec 03, 2014 10:11 AM
Veterans injured and disabled *literally* fought for our rights and freedom, knowing they could pay the ultimate price. They have earned and deserve the best care and help. They are not the moochers you seek.
His rhythm and flow could use some work, I agree with Mr. The Redneck. Crappy rapper (as am I, you will see below). Although- isn't the point of the first to protect unpopular speech? He never acted on his words, and he was posting them on a known public forum so it's not like he was writing plans in a notebook in his desk. BUT- threats are still credible even if badly timed, badly rhymed. Right? Example: My ex wife I'm gonna knife, stab her when I grab her as she walks back to her car. I know where she work, I watch her she's the clerk, and I've got my action timed to escape in her ride. He didn't do that, he was just expressing himself. After he received the visit from the FBI woman regarding his potentially violent posts, he posted again! It's not like he was unaware he was being monitored, and he was stating his (disbelief?) that his stating a desire (want of killing his spouse) was illegal. Don't people state all day long they want to kill [insert politician]? ---- Here's a funny somewhat related clip from The Boondocks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DazC3HZ_A

Attack Of The Mutants

Damien4 Wrote: Nov 30, 2014 9:43 AM
Tell the truth face to face to a mob, 1)be ignored or 2)martyred

Yes, Even Beer Subsidies Are A Bad Idea

Damien4 Wrote: Nov 29, 2014 12:01 PM
It it moves, regulate it. If it keeps moving, tax it. If it stops moving, subsidize it. Something like that, eh? All subsidies are bad for freedom.

FDA Finalizes Menu Labeling Rules

Damien4 Wrote: Nov 26, 2014 1:13 PM
Find a farmer, buy directly from them. Join a Coop, get seasonal veggies. Do not count calories- just lay off the carbs. More bacon, more eggs(the perfect food!), more cooking with tallow and butter. The cholesterol hoax is just that - your brain is 20% cholesterol, and mother's milk is 51% cholesterol. WE NEED IT! Our cholesterol recommendations are a POLITCAL compromise, not based in health, science, or nutrition. - Real Food, What To Eat and Why by Nina Planck. (paraphrased)

America, You’ve Been Grubered!

Damien4 Wrote: Nov 24, 2014 11:45 AM
Gruber didn't 'come forward' as a 'whistleblower'. These videos were dug up by a disillusioned democrat. http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2014-11-11/meet-the-mildmannered-investment-advisor-whos-humiliating-the-administration-over-obamacare

The IRS Hatchetmen

Damien4 Wrote: Nov 17, 2014 1:33 PM
The ads don't bother me, what gets me is the stupid floating 'share on facebook, twitter, g+' button. Just make it static at the top of the page! We're not brain dead kids who can't remember where they just saw that share button. Ah, now I sound like a grouch. But, come on!
I can't disagree with that... All I can do is hope, and keep arguing my philosophy at the proper times and places. I am seriously considering getting moving on a kickstarter, just for my old high school as a test. Start small, spark that flame of curiosity in just a small percentage of kids, and some will pursue their quest for the mathematical truths. If/when I do, I'll let the internet know.
I have also found that less hardcore freedom loving conservatives shy away from those of us who venture into 'cut back the government' territory, regardless of whether it's because of constitutional validity or not. "That department helped us so much! Doesn't matter that it is unconstitutional. You want to disable a 'good' thing and 'hurt' the people it benefits." Or something like that. No! That's a twist of what I propose!
I agree, Stuart! I am a conservative libertarian. I believe that if you advocate for economic freedom, you are a libertarian of some kind. I believe that economics and freedom are inextricably related. I also would like to see sweeping reforms done, in regard to enumerated powers, and returning to them. However, when I bring up these things in discussions or threads, I am the looney burn it down libertarian. Perhaps I am just not good at articulating my position, or I just argue with hardcore socialist/statists? Either way, I try to follow in Dan Mitchell's example- economic freedom/understanding human nature, especially as it pertains to incentives, will lead to true freedom.