Professors Must Defy Feds To Protect Victims

Damien4 Wrote: 13 hours ago (10:30 AM)
Dr. Adams, this is amazing. You are a constant source of pride and inspiration. Thank you.

Pharisees and Pharaohs

Damien4 Wrote: Sep 04, 2014 1:03 PM
I prefer to butcher the songs myself, and would rather not have that on record. Ya know? I go to shows of bands I love and will sing/scream (metal) at the top of my lungs if I know the words. Rock out and play some fckin' metal!

Bernie Sanders 2016?

Damien4 Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 1:54 PM
You mean, like in the exact next sentence of the article? :P
"Dolphin-safe kale". That gets a good chuckle. What would sell more at a farmer's market in NYC, dolphin-safe or regular? That would be a fun trial.

Hand Guns are the New Segregation

Damien4 Wrote: Jul 20, 2014 11:34 AM
Well I sure do hope I don't get torn for being an 'economic illiterate', but I clicked Mike Shedlock's link and found that he gives the same answer that Adrian Vance does. " The official unemployment rate is 7.6%. However, if you start counting all the people who want a job but gave up, all the people with part-time jobs that want a full-time job, all the people who dropped off the unemployment rolls because their unemployment benefits ran out, etc., you get a closer picture of what the unemployment rate is. That number is in the last row labeled U-6. U-6 is much higher at 13.8%. Both numbers would be way higher still, were it not for millions dropping out of the labor force over the past few years." I read Mr. Vance's blog as well as Mr. Ransom's column, and I believe they are on the same side of the fight. I had to check to make sure I was not reading someone completely off base. Mr. Ransom, I think you made a mistake labeling Mr. Vance a comrade.

Has Citizenship Jumped The Shark?

Damien4 Wrote: Jul 20, 2014 11:04 AM
Oh, sorry, I mistook that. Yes, that question may be answered. We know the majority values freebies over hard work (that was the 2012 question).

Has Citizenship Jumped The Shark?

Damien4 Wrote: Jul 20, 2014 11:02 AM
I thought this was answered in 2012.

The Bridgegate Investigation to Nowhere

Damien4 Wrote: Jul 19, 2014 10:50 AM
The big joke for us behind the lines out here is, "QUICK! Call the governor! There's a traffic jam between New York and New Jersey!"
As a some kind of conservative libertarian mix (also a millenial), I disagree. I feel like most of my generation are hard or soft left. davinci38's comment seems to present what I've witnessed so far(Democratic socialism is what a lot of them want- this is NOT libertarianism). Further down in this comment thread we have attacks on libertarians again. From the Ransom thread yesterday: We are all on the same side! There will be double agents and provocateurs in every movement. People who truly believe in libertarianism (maximum individual freedom, not the same as abolishing the state or implementing marxism), should be viewed as open minds to be persuaded if you do not agree with their interpretations of freedom. To ensure that we (all of us fighting leftism, statism, liberalism, collectivism, etc) can work together better, lets try to understand libertarians bettter. https://danieljmitchell.wordpress.com/2013/03/23/question-of-the-week-why-arent-libertarians-more-persuasive/ Dan Mitchell is a great libertarian to follow, I wish people would look at him and be like, "So THIS is what a REAL libertarian THINKS like." His blog column also runs here on Townhall, so it's not as far a rift as many perceive.