Is Liberalism Exhausted?

Damien4 Wrote: Feb 27, 2015 12:18 PM
Which, it's OK if you do, we have that freedom. I just hope you understand my point from above- shifting definitions is a progressive tactic. Don't let them define you.

Is Liberalism Exhausted?

Damien4 Wrote: Feb 27, 2015 12:15 PM
Do you disagree with my perception of conservatism?

Is Liberalism Exhausted?

Damien4 Wrote: Feb 27, 2015 12:05 PM
An attempt at your list... 4... Any powers not enumerated to the Fed Gov have been left to the states, and barring that the people. States are allowed to decide whether they will allow activities or not. 5... Deviance means a variation from the norm. I don't know which specific topic you're talking about. 6... Can't argue with that. We need to pare back the Fed Gov, back to it's specific enumerated powers. 7... I don't know, can't say. I can speak only for myself- if I were at the end of my life, and in such pain my existence was unbearable, it would be a choice I would not want anyone to make for me. Another freedom issue. 8... Yea, can't argue that. It's sad. 9... How many of these are the same people getting married and divorced more than two times in their lives? Just because the church has had some pedophiles doesn't mean the entire institution is bad. Lead by example. 10... A choice they are free to make. The tricky part comes when we get all activist and 'I have rights!'. Our rights are endowed by our creator, and codified by the constitution. If you do not believe in a creator, where did your rights come from? A liberal position I find impossible to reconcile.

Is Liberalism Exhausted?

Damien4 Wrote: Feb 27, 2015 11:56 AM
I thought conservatism was more along the lines of preserving rule of law, giving people equal treatment under the law, equal opportunity to prove their merit and progress their station in society. If you label conservatism today as 'liberalism lite', you're slandering all the little people voters who actually believe in my first sentence. Just because our elected reps call themselves 'conservatives' and then act like statists, does not mean the definition of conservative has changed.

Is Liberalism Exhausted?

Damien4 Wrote: Feb 27, 2015 11:45 AM
1... meh, Al Gore won the popular vote. 2... It's a freedom issue. (You have the right to do with your body what you will, however in public you will be held personally and financially accountable for whatever damages or emergency services you may incur) 3... Most were through the courts, directly contradicting how the populace voted.

Liberals, Stop Lying About Everything

Damien4 Wrote: Feb 23, 2015 9:37 AM
Remember the greeny protesters who got stuck in the ice by Australia? Then the Chinese rescue ship which got stuck in the ice rescuing them? IF carbon tax takes hold, I am taking a loan for a commercial greenhouse. You can pay me to take your 'waste' co2 and I will profit on both fronts! Idea from Adrian Vance, look him up for excellent hard math analysis of the AGW fraud.

Walker's 24% Leads Post-Romney GOP Field

Damien4 Wrote: Feb 20, 2015 12:39 PM
It has been said that Walker supports a 'path to citizenship, aka amnesty', from the very narrowly scoped interview a couple months back. He was responding to the question asked, not asked his position. It was then used as a smear job (in my opinion). The takeaway I've got from looking more into his interviews and position (even those so called 'fact sites' where they list candidates positions on all things - I feel took the smear bait) is that Walker said this, "Our laws should be enforced." He believes in Rule Of Law. Our laws should be enforced, and Walker understands. This quote comes from the Fox interview with, ah... I don't know her name, older woman. Here is a link to the worthwhile clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDNWnVeu2sc ALSO, because, politicians must be held accountable, and it is so hard to trust any of them it is good to be skeptical. I am very much in favor of Gov. Walker, and the initial reports made me uneasy. I understand they have found his old high school teachers. THEY ARE AFRAID of him. This makes me less skeptical of him (not entirely), and makes me want him to succeed. Can we get this level of journ-o-lism for Barack? HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS???? Effin eh.

Walker's 24% Leads Post-Romney GOP Field

Damien4 Wrote: Feb 20, 2015 12:35 PM

No Gatekeepers

Damien4 Wrote: Feb 18, 2015 10:34 AM
Hah! Touche.
Sorry, I tend to jump to extremes. I like Jamestown as an example of economic incentives, that's why I always go to the 'no work no eat' thing.