Several smart columnists and respected conservative editorial pieces tell us that a major silver lining in the crisis deal just concluded is that by agreeing not to reinstitute the Clinton tax rates (and leave the Bush rates in place) for all but the "wealthy" (income of $400,000 for single filers and $450,000 for marrieds), Obama and the Democrats made a major concession. They argue that if Democrats couldn't do better after...
The trouble is not the Republican Party, the trouble is that the mainstream media is a part of the Obama Administration and this team is making the rules by how the political game will be played from this point on in American history. It is a great deal like what is happening in American college football coaches who have been convinced that the BCS is operated on behalf of all the football teams and their conferences when the history of that supposedly nonpartisan organization is ripe with evidence that the program is rigged to boost the results in favor of the Southeast Conference! Nobody has the guts to investigate what is going on in politics and what is going on in this football playoff program. If I'm wrong, I apologize to the BCS,
I hate to break it to those deniers who believe that President Obama's tax-guzzling capacity has somehow been diminished by the fiscal cliff provision to fix "permanent" tax rates. You're dreaming.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago