Damon is only one person. His opinion means no more nor less than any other opinion that is expressed by an American taxpayer. However, he is a celebrity so his opinions get more great deal more press. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn how much money he chooses to give to the government - local, state,or national. He can give as much money as he wants to contribute, but he should know that the rest of us are just barely scraping by! We need every dollar to make ends meet. Now, that I've written these words, nothing will change - not in his life and not in mine - so what's the point of writing it on this page? Good question. I guess it can be answered this way, "it's the only way most Americans can get their opinions published!"
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014