Damon is only one person. His opinion means no more nor less than any other opinion that is expressed by an American taxpayer. However, he is a celebrity so his opinions get more great deal more press. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn how much money he chooses to give to the government - local, state,or national. He can give as much money as he wants to contribute, but he should know that the rest of us are just barely scraping by! We need every dollar to make ends meet. Now, that I've written these words, nothing will change - not in his life and not in mine - so what's the point of writing it on this page? Good question. I guess it can be answered this way, "it's the only way most Americans can get their opinions published!"
In the name of shared sacrifice, it’s time to impose a tax on the $7 billion in box office receipts that Hollywood generates.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 7 hours ago