Take the question of jobs. How many times have we heard about how many jobs have been added during the Obama administration? Yet few people bother to find out whether these are net additions to jobs -- which is...
I awoke this morning as I have awakened every morning of my life. I did the most important things first then I brushed my teeth, rinsed my mouth and spit in the sink. I scrubbed my face and checked my reflection in the mirror. It seemed the same but different some how. After I had eaten breakfast and read the morning paper it hit me, it sort of nibbled around the edges of my mind! I told myself, gently, that I was not having one of those recurring nightmares I've had of late. Yesterday really did happen. I made up my mind, I will not think about what it all means at this moment. I will think about it at a time when I can reflect on what it all means. I read my emails and what Thomas Sowell wrote. But, life was not well in my world.
This country is at a historic crossroads, and the path we choose can determine our future far beyond the next four years. Our children and grandchildren may someday bless us or curse us for what we do this Tuesday. Against that background, it is painful to see the petty talking points and gross misconceptions that seem to dominate this year's election campaign.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago