Earlier this year, we began taking snapshots of S&P's forecast trailing twelve month earnings per share for the S&P 500 at roughly three month intervals. Our chart below shows how the expected future for earnings has changed over time.
Since our last snapshot in August 2012, the outlook for the expected amount of S&P 500 company earnings has continued to decline, although not as much as the decline from May to August.
Looking at the overlap of historic data and old forecasts, we see that the future vision of investors in December 2010 looking forward...
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 58 minutes ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago