The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
This columnist is demonstrating the classic straw man argument and doing it badly. No one is suggesting the solutions she is debunking, she has taken their positions and twisted them badly. As for gun owners forming a circular firing squad around a gun-toting criminal, sorry but we aren't as stupid as that. In the real world the rest of us inhabit a CCW permit holder simply having a weapon has proved sufficient in the past, and has stopped many a criminal. They may be first and they may be crazy but they don't like the odds when someone else has a weapon - more often than not they immediately disarm and give up or shoot themselves. Either way, problem solved.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Joe Scarborough: Glenn Beck is following Jesus’s playbook in providing humanitarian aid to young illegals Allahpundit 12 hours ago