I attended a National Conference in Detroit in 1976 or '77. The Conference Center and Hotel I stayed at were connected by a covered walkway. Armed police walked that area, and we were all advised to 'stay in the immediate area' because we couldn't be protected outside the hotel & conference center. "Stay inside between 4 pm and 8 am" I've not been back to Detroit. A friend on the faculty at the U. of Mich. said he hadn't been to Detroit at all; and wouldn't go there, period.
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 13:1–23 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ICE has the chance to catch Jose Antonio Vargas RIGHT NOW Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 17 hours ago