This article reminded me of a conference I attended where the topic was "Creating an Environment For Creativity". Sounded interesting. The speaker was very dynamic, and moved around the room quite a bit. To make a point, he would say, "and I submit to you that". Being interested in Math, I started marking on my notebook, and after 45 minutes he had said "and I submit" 73 times. I started feeling like a urinal, so I left. Later I was asked why I left, and I said I just didn't feel comfortable being submitted to so often, he started laughing and was still laughing 2 days later everytime our paths crossed.
Dianne Harrison is the new president of California State University, Northridge (CSUN). It’s a small college in the Golden State but it sure is loaded with diversity. How do I know? Because Dianne has written a letter to the entire university, telling everyone how diverse they are and, more importantly, what a great person she is because she loves diversity. In her short email of around 800 words she refers to diversity no less than 17 times (and I have highlighted them in bold letters). Because it is so dripping with Orwellian double-speak, I thought it would be fun to reproduce...
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago